[ltp] Recommendations on a thin, light, ultra-portable

Pat Presidente linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 29 Jan 2007 23:05:55 -0800

Hi David;

I'm a long, long time Thinkpad user, but did use this Acer tablet for a year
and was really impressed with it - actually, the model prior to the core duo
technology.  I don't think Acer has the quality that IBM has, but they
certainly give you bang for the buck.  I had no issues with the machine, and
loved the tablet ability as well as keyboard and track stick - no pad.  The
only thing I found to be very low quality was the internal speakers - real
garbage.  I loved the small package with all that power.

http://global.acer.com/products/tablet_pc/tmc210.htm#01

Good luck in your hunt
Pat

Pat Presidente, B.Sc., MA
Consultant, BC Educational Resource Acquisition Consortium
Phone: (250) 287-9030
Mailto: pat.presidente@crcn.net