[ltp] Configuring WiFi on ThinkPad R31 & SUSE 10.2

James Knott linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 30 Jan 2007 20:44:00 -0500

I am trying to configure the WiFi interface, using KWiFiManager in SUSE
10.2.
While I can configure the various configs, they don't seem to take
effect or at least not permanently.  For example, I can see networks and
if I don't enable encryption in Yast, I can connect to unencrypted
networks, but not my home network, which is encrypted, even though
encryption and keys are specified in KWiFiManager.  If I then enable
encryption in Yast, I can connect to my home network, but no longer
connect to open networks.  Is there something I'm missing?  Suggestions?

tnx jk