[ltp] Re: [ibm-acpi-devel] thinkpad-acpi release 0.14-20070701 available in sf.net

Tue, 3 Jul 2007 09:43:14 -0300

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-07-03 at 08:03 -0400, Theodore Tso wrote:
> > Is there a wiki or FAQ or some other place that describes the
> > userspace configuration changes that I would have to make to say, an
> > Ubuntu/Feisty system such that it would be able deal with the new way
> > of dealing with the hot keys?  I'm especially interested in maing the
> > thinkpad-keys daemon go away.  :-)
>
> If you want to use HAL, you'll have to use gusty, because IIRC feisty
> ships a too old HAL.

Still, his request is sane, and now that I am almost done implementing what
you guys asked for and two days away from submitting what is already being
tested to upstream, I'd appreciate if a friendly HAL guru (hint! hint!)
wrote a web-page with all the required changes to HAL to best use
thinkpads...  This means what works on new and old HAL, how to remap the
keys, what to delete/modify to get rid of NVRAM polling...  and sent us the
URL to it.

As for getting rid of thinkpad-keys, I just removed the hotkey-setup package
in Debian, Ubuntu should be the same.

  Henrique Holschuh