[ltp] Re: [ibm-acpi-devel] thinkpad-acpi release 0.14-20070701 available in sf.net

Timo Hoenig linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 03 Jul 2007 16:34:18 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, 2007-07-03 at 08:03 -0400, Theodore Tso wrote:

> Is there a wiki or FAQ or some other place that describes the
> userspace configuration changes that I would have to make to say, an
> Ubuntu/Feisty system such that it would be able deal with the new way
> of dealing with the hot keys?  I'm especially interested in maing the
> thinkpad-keys daemon go away.  :-)

This crap won't be necessary anymore as the driver will generate input
events using the input layer.  Until know there was the need for some
user space utility (like thinkpad-keys) which polls the nvram for
changes.

Thanks,

   Timo