[ltp] which inexpensive thinkpad for ubuntu and a lot of compiling?

Wed, 4 Jul 2007 15:57:28 -0700 (PDT)

---800283439-1291619973-1183589848=:19817

Indeed, they have some nice systems. Of the Thinkpad T series they only car=
ry
the T60/61, which is a great machine but more than I need and costs more.
Least expensive Lenova is $1650.

On the other hand, they have an entry level 1667 Mhz Core 2 Duo based on th=
Dell D520 for $1105. I prefer Thinkpads but I've heard very good things abo=
ut
Dell, too. (I've also heard very bad things - it seems you can start a
religious debate by asking whether Dell laptops are great or whether they
suck).

I've also looked at LinuxCertified, R-Cubed, and MadTux.

Mind you, I can install Linux myself. I've done it many times, and Ubuntu i=
by far the easiest. So I don't need to go with a pre-installed.

I wish there were a refurbished Thinkpad store.

Thanks for the tip!

Michael