[ltp] which inexpensive thinkpad for ubuntu and a lot of compiling?

Thu, 05 Jul 2007 19:05:45 +1000

--=-S+wyTnkWK7Qv35E08J/f

Hei,

On Wed, 2007-07-04 at 15:57 -0700, michael@michaelshiloh.com wrote:
> Indeed, they have some nice systems. Of the Thinkpad T series they only c=
arry
> the T60/61, which is a great machine but more than I need and costs more.
> Least expensive Lenova is $1650.

(Almost) every T series model is worth the extra money. If you want to
go cheaper i'd rather go for a used T43/2/1p than a R60 or whatever.

> On the other hand, they have an entry level 1667 Mhz Core 2 Duo based on =
the
> Dell D520 for $1105. I prefer Thinkpads but I've heard very good things a=
bout
> Dell, too. (I've also heard very bad things - it seems you can start a
> religious debate by asking whether Dell laptops are great or whether they
> suck).

Yes, you can. And i know where i'm standing. ;-)

> I've also looked at LinuxCertified, R-Cubed, and MadTux.
>=20
> Mind you, I can install Linux myself. I've done it many times, and Ubuntu=
 is
> by far the easiest. So I don't need to go with a pre-installed.
>=20
> I wish there were a refurbished Thinkpad store.

Google for them. There's heaps. If not anywhere else, you should find
some on eBay.

Andr=C3=A9.

--=-S+wyTnkWK7Qv35E08J/f

--=-S+wyTnkWK7Qv35E08J/f--