[ltp] no /proc/acpi/battery entry after ultrabay hotswap

Marcus Obst linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 6 Jul 2007 12:43:00 +0200

Tino Keitel schrieb am Fri, Jul 06, 2007 at 08:31:24AM +0200 folgendes:

Hi Tino,

> when I boot with the DVD drive in the Ultrabay, and swap it with the
> Ultrabay battery, I don't see a /proc/acpi/battery entry for the second
> battery.

as far as I know this is the normal behaviour.  If you want to see the
proc entry of the second battery you should _boot_ with ultrabay
containing it.   Then you can hotswap the battery or the DVD drive as
often as you want!  Eveytime you plug in the battery you will get the
second proc entry as you expect.

> This is a T23 with Kernel 2.6.20. What else could I try to see the
> Ultrabay battery in /proc/acpi/battery?

I think the battery probing is only done on startup, reloading the
battery module won't help :(

  Best regards from Chemnitz/Germany!
  Marcus

--
Marcus Obst <maob@hrz.tu-chemnitz.de> 		gpg-key-id: A76485A4
key-fingerprint:  89A4 8B64 608A DC17 21AE  7E80 4819 6A02 A764 85A4