[ltp] choose a x30 or x31 or ... for second used laptop.

Charles E "Rick" Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 07 Jul 2007 18:08:17 -0400

On Tue, 2007-07-03 at 08:35 +0100, Richard Neill wrote:

> They are very good machines, especially the X31. Also consider:

> * if you would forgo the internal wifi (or replace the internal
> LAN/Modem by a LAN/Wifi card), look at the X22.

I own both an X31 and an X22.  Unless price is the primary concern, the
OP will probably be far better off with the X31.  The speed difference
is definitely noticeable.  The X31 can be also fitted with more memory
than an X22 - and that's a more crucial factor than processor speed.

The X31 fitted with a 120GB 5400 RPM drive, in fact, is quite snappy.
As long as you don't intend to play 3D games. :)

*  Charles E. "Rick" Taylor, IV <rick@rickandpatty.com>
*  Web: http://www.rickandpatty.com
* Blog: http://shrimpandgrits.rickandpatty.com