[ltp] BIOS Update via USB CD-ROM using ISO?

Florian Reitmeir linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 8 Jul 2007 17:28:25 +0200

Hi,

its really hard.. to update an X Series, but last time it worked like:

make an fat partition
install qemu
install via qemu MS-DOS to the disk
(its enough booting a win98 floppy in qemu and the do a "sys c:")
now copy the bios files to the fat parition
then boot the DOS
.. do the update.

what didn't work for me:
- USB CDROM
- FreeDos
- memdisk

if you have a docking station then use the cd-drive of the dock.