[ltp] BIOS Update via USB CD-ROM using ISO?

Sun, 8 Jul 2007 11:51:39 -0400

On Sunday 08 July 2007 10:51, Daniel Maier wrote:
> Using this method I successfully upgraded the BIOS/EC of my X30

Thank you for the replies everyone.

I have successfully upgraded the BIOS of the X-3x line via a specialized
CD-ROM that I made using the floppy images. And I assume the grub + floppy
images would also work.

However, Lenovo now provides a bootable CD ISO with both the BIOS and EC
upgrade in one. My question should have been phrased like this: Does the
bootable CD ISO image provided by Lenovo work with external USB CD drives?

I just want to know if the bootable CD ISO image is safe to use with an
external USB drive instead of the recommended/supported Ultrabay.

P.S. And appologies to Henrique Moraes for accidently replying to his thread
instead of creating a new one.