[ltp] CALL FOR TESTING: thinkpad-acpi BETA release 0.14-20070708

Joseph Xu linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 8 Jul 2007 21:45:22 -0400

On 7/8/07, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@hmh.eng.br> wrote:
> On Sun, 08 Jul 2007, Joseph Xu wrote:
> > There seem to be 16 levels of brightness when in the bios/console.
>
> Ok.  Now I will need to figure out how to detect how many there are in a
> given thinkpad, to select the highest allowed level :(
>
> > I tried both with and without the ACPI video module loaded, without
> > success. Also, by disabling hotkeys I assume you mean something like #
> > echo disable >/proc/acpi/ibm/hotkey ? If so I tried that and the
> > brightness still won't change.
>
> Ok.
>
> >> So either something is telling ACPI video to keep it hands off the
> >> brightness control, or something is messing with the thinkpad and it is
> >> not
> >> generating the events ACPI video wants.
> >
> > Do you know of any way I can test for this?
>
> acpi_listen will tell you of any events, I think, even those processed by
> ACPI video.

Great, so acpi_listen is reporting the brightness key events correctly:

video LCD0 00000087 00000000
video LCD0 00000086 00000000

if the video module is loaded. So I suppose something is interfering
with the acpi module at a lower level? Is there anywhere I can look
for debug messages regarding this?