[ibm-acpi-devel] [ltp] CALL FOR TESTING: thinkpad-acpi BETA release 0.14-20070708

Mon, 9 Jul 2007 10:31:09 -0300

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007, Jon Escombe wrote:
> Tested on a Lenovo T60, BIOS version 79ET67WW (1.11 )

Ah, old BIOS style. Let's see what happens.

> Input events show up for the following keys -
>   brightness up/down
>   coffee
>   sleep
>   suspend
>   vendor
>   zoom
>   wireless slider (code 3, value 0/1)
>
> Input events for the other FN keys all show as EV_KEY null, which got me
> wondering how to enable my bluetooth radio (without disabling hotkeys)?
> Fn-F5 combination doesn't seem to output any ACPI events, so not sure
> what's looking out for it normally?

It is supposed to be issuing KEY_WLAN.  You can remap it to anything you
want using input-kbd from input-utils.

What is the hotkey_mask and hotkey_recommended_mask the driver is giving you
(in sysfs) ?

Also, is the wireless slider working fine?  Does it report the events
properly (1 for slider in radios ON, 0 for slider in radios OFF)?  Does the
sysfs attribute work right?

> Having an old BIOS, I was expecting to need to fiddle with
> brightness_mode, but this didn't appear to be the case. My brightness
> and volume keys don't generate ACPI events, so I'm assuming they work at
> the hardware level.

Try using the sysfs interface to control brightness. If it works, fine. If
it doesn't, it means you need brightness_mode=3 (drop me a note in this
case).

  Henrique Holschuh