[ibm-acpi-devel] [ltp] CALL FOR TESTING: thinkpad-acpi BETA release 0.14-20070708

Mon, 9 Jul 2007 11:25:48 -0300

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007, Jon Escombe wrote:
> Ah ok, input-kbd gives me the following. 238 looks like it should be
> KEY_WLAN, so perhaps something in my config isn't new enough to recognise
> it?

No idea.  Ask Richard, he's our HAL/userspace input guru :-)

>> Also, is the wireless slider working fine?  Does it report the events
>> properly (1 for slider in radios ON, 0 for slider in radios OFF)?  Does
>> the
>> sysfs attribute work right?
>
> Yes, it's reporting 1 for on and 0 for off

Thanks for the report.

>>> Having an old BIOS, I was expecting to need to fiddle with
>>> brightness_mode, but this didn't appear to be the case. My brightness and
>>> volume keys don't generate ACPI events, so I'm assuming they work at the
>>> hardware level.
>> Try using the sysfs interface to control brightness. If it works, fine. If
>> it doesn't, it means you need brightness_mode=3 (drop me a note in this
>> case).
>
> Works fine using the proc interface, I don't see an equivalent file under
> sysfs?

It is in /sys/class/backlight/thinkpad_screen, at least in 2.6.21.  The
backlight class is funny that way.

  Henrique Holschuh