[ltp] CALL FOR TESTING: thinkpad-acpi BETA release 0.14-20070708

Mon, 9 Jul 2007 11:31:58 -0300

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007, Sebastian Schmidt wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 08, 2007 at 08:12:52PM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-63144
>
> Okay, just tried with 2.11:
> * Brightness buttons work and generate the "video LCD0 0000008[67]
>   00000000" events, however, no "ibm/hotkey HKEY 00000080 00005010"
>   anymore.

Good thing I didn't waste time bothering with 0x5010.  We need about six
months on every new Lenovo-induced feature to make sure it will stay around,
apparently.

> * The brightness changes without any delay now

Ok. So it was some BIOS weirdness.

> * The "thinkpad_acpi: unknown LID-related hotkey event: 0x5010" messages
>   disappeared, however "set_level status: 0" still remains on every
>   brightness button press.

One would have to complain to linux-acpi about it, it is the ACPI video
driver being obnoxious.

> * Volume buttons produce the same result as with 2.07.
> * Other hotkeys, except the Thinklight, do *not* work. No Fn+F2 through
>   F5, F8 through F9, F12 or the zoom key (Fn+space) or the multimedia
>   keys available through Fn+cursor keys. Not even with echo 0xffffffff >
>   /proc/acpi/ibm/hotkey.

Ok.  Is CONFIG_THINKPAD_ACPI_INPUT_ENABLED set on your config?  If so, what
does input-event say about events produced by the thinkpad-acpi input
device?

> To be honest, I didn't test the latter with 2.07. I will see if I can
> reflash 2.07 and test it again.

Don't bother.

  Henrique Holschuh