[ltp] no /proc/acpi/battery entry after ultrabay hotswap

Mon, 9 Jul 2007 17:01:42 +0200

On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 11:28:02 -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Jul 2007, Tino Keitel wrote:
> > I currently use the old IDE driver, but I want to switch to libata
> > soon.
> >
> > So, how to get hotswapping the battery and DVD drive to work with
> > recent kernels and DMA enabled?
>
> If you switch to libata, it just works.  It screams bloody murder on the
> logs, but it works.

OK, the I'll switch to libata as soon I have hacked noflushd to work
with those sd* devices (I like the log entries from noflushd when the
disk spins up/down, and I don't like the laptop-mode because it doesn't
create such log entries).

How exactly? Does the kernel detect itself that a new device is
inserted? Or do I need other tools? Or sysfs triggers?

Regards,
Tino