[ltp] CALL FOR TESTING: thinkpad-acpi BETA release 0.14-20070708

Mon, 9 Jul 2007 12:20:10 -0300

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007, Frédéric BOITEUX wrote:
> I activated use of input events instead of ACPI ones, and I can see
> them using input-events for Fn-F* keys only, not for sound, brightness,
> thinklight, zoom nor "Access IBM" keys...

The X31 needs some stuff I have not written yet to detect some of the keys
(those not in the hotkey_all_mask).  For now, you'll need tpb to map them.

> For these  Fn-F* keys, the reported events are not always correct :

Yes, they are. It is just that the program you're using is dumb and don't
know how to map the keycodes to names correctly.

That said, you can remap them to whatever you want using input-kbd.

> And nothing else happens anymore when using them, whereas they were
> working in previous versions...

You need something to map input keys to actions.  If you don't have it,
you're better off not enabling input by default, or just remap the keys to
KEY_UNKNOWN to get ACPI events.

  Henrique Holschuh