[ltp] CALL FOR TESTING: thinkpad-acpi BETA release 0.14-20070708

Sebastian Schmidt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 9 Jul 2007 18:51:37 +0200

On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 12:39:13PM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Jul 2007, Sebastian Schmidt wrote:
> > Hmm, well, I tried downgrading the BIOS to 2.07 again - and: everything
> > stays the same. No delay between brightness key and brightness change,
> > the same thing with the hotkeys. Exactly the same like with 2.11. I have
> > really no idea was is going on here. I also tried restoring my BIOS to
> > default settings - still no change.
>
> EC firmware, perhaps?  Anyway, as long as it has gone away for good, I don't
> care :)

Ah, you are right. The upgrade to BIOS 2.11 installed 1.13, but 2.07 was
initially shipped with 1.10. This BIOS upgrading tool is magic.

> > Which one of these?
> > [   16.108000] input: ThinkPad Extra Buttons as /class/input/input1
>
> This one.  But you really need the event device that is associated with it.

Ah, I ran "input-events input1". With "input-events 1" get this ones:

Fn+F1:        EV_KEY (null) pressed
Fn+F2:        EV_KEY KEY_COFFEE pressed
Fn+F3:        EV_KEY (null) pressed
Fn+F4:        EV_KEY KEY_SLEEP pressed (but only once)
Fn+F5:        EV_KEY (null) pressed
Fn+F6:        EV_KEY (null) pressed
Fn+F7:        EV_KEY (null) pressed
Fn+F8:        EV_KEY (null) pressed
Fn+F9:        EV_KEY (null) pressed
Fn+F10:       (nothing)
Fn+F11:       EV_KEY (null) pressed
Fn+F12:       EV_KEY KEY_SUSPEND released (also only once)
ThinkVantage: EV_KEY KEY_VENDOR pressed
Volume/Mute:  (nothing)

Brightness buttons give KEY_BRIGHTNESSUP and KEY_BRIGHTNESSDOWN.

input-kbd lists the following:
/dev/input/event2
   bustype : BUS_HOST
   vendor  : 0x17aa