[ltp] /proc/acpi/ibm/brightness does not exist

Robert D. Crawford linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 16 Jul 2007 15:35:45 -0500

I am hoping someone here has seen this problem.  If not, I know Henrique
hangs out here.

I am running 2.6.18 on a fresh install of etch on a t40.  I have the
ibm_acpi driver loaded with no arguments.  I was moving my previous
configuration on to this machine from my backup and noticed that my
screen brightness is only dropping slightly on unplugging.  Tracking the
problem down I realized there is no /proc/acpi/ibm/brightness.  I think
I have the other things in the directory.  Here is an ls:

bay
beep
bluetooth
cmos
driver
hotkey
led
light
thermal
video

I have only been running this particular install for 3 days now.  My
previous sid install went south on an upgrade.  On the previous install
I never saw this problem, upgrading through several kernels over more
than a year of use.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,  I googled but couldn't find
anything.  If I missed a link go ahead and send it... no need to
duplicate work.

rdc
--
Robert D. Crawford                                     robdcraw@gmail.com

Rebellion lay in his way, and he found it.
		-- William Shakespeare, "Henry IV"