[ltp] harddrive replacement

Matthias Redlich linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 20 Jul 2007 15:06:40 +0200

Hi,

I've bought a Hitachi 60 GB (HTS721060G9AT00). When I try to boot my thinkpad warns me that there might be compatability problems with my drive and data loss may occur. I've tried to uprade the drives firmware with a bootable CD from Lenovo but the flash program claims that no update has to be performed althought the firmware versions on the cd (for my disk) and the one installed right now differ. Do you have any ideas what to do? How can I force a firmware upgrade?

Thanks in advance
Matthias