[ltp] T40 ACPI: Just power button not working

Paul Fox linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 20 Jul 2007 13:43:04 -0400

 > > I am afraid asking, but how long are you actually pressing the
 > > power button? It needs est. 1 second to produce an event and 3
 > > seconds to hard poweroff.
 > Oh, my gosh. I can't belive I'm so stupid!

i did the exact same thing with my new X41.  it's a dumb design
-- the delay until the event just makes the user needlessly wait
for the inevitable "confirm to shutdown" screen from the OS.

at the very least, if there's going to be an initial delay until
the event, then the delay to hard poweroff should be much longer.
1 second and 3 seconds aren't very far apart.

paul
 paul fox, pgf@foxharp.boston.ma.us (arlington, ma, where it's 76.3 degrees)