[ltp] thinkpad-acpi: fancontrol

Mon, 23 Jul 2007 13:08:36 -0300

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007, Peter Jordan wrote:
> I re-engineer my fancontrol script for my thinkpad r60 and have a questions:
>
> should i change from proc to sys interface?

Yes, please.  But do notice you should use the hwmon/lm-sensors guidelines
to locate the attributes in sysfs.  You can use
bus/platform/devices/thinkpad-acpi for now, but I can't guarantee that will
last forever.  For one, I want to break thinkpad-acpi in various component
modules for 2.6.24, and hwmon (fan control and thermal monitoring) would be
a separate module, which would rename that directory.

As for procfs support, it is going away with extreme prejudice as soon as I
deem it pratical to get rid of it, or as soon as I cannot support it anymore
for some technical reason.  It will take some time yet (six months at
least), but it will happen eventually.

  Henrique Holschuh