[ltp] fan, old, Always-on problem. thinkwiki need some corrections.

Jörn Rink linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 28 Jul 2007 11:54:42 +0200

Am Sun, 27 May 2007 10:53:55 -0300
hat Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@hmh.eng.br> (Henrique de Moraes
Holschuh) folgendes geschrieben:

> > > How does the T43 act when you do this?
> >
> > Normally, if bios_speedstep enabled, CPU sensor will get 47C ( or
> > any other sensors will get max Tmp.) and enable fan and never torn
> > it off even if all of sensor show less then 38C.
> >
> > If bios_speedstep disabled but linux_speedstep instead, CPU after
> > CPU sensor get 47C fan is enabled and after CPU Tmp less then 42C
> > it will disable the fan.
>
> Sounds safe.  I am doing that on my T43 right now, we will have two
> datasets, then.

Hi,
with tp-control (daemon) script the fan stops also. Or do you not want
to use this script?
Do i have the chance to get the powerstate driver with radeon, to slow
down the GPU? With the fglrx driver it works, but as you know, the
ati driver is broken under Fedora 7.

Also the linux-phc patch is a good thing for T43, i can run the T43
with 30% less voltage in all steps.

CU,
 Joern Rink