[ltp] Re: X60s / 2.6.22 / suspend2ram

Carles Pina i Estany linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 30 Jul 2007 00:23:50 +0200

Hola,

On Jul/29/2007, Florian Reitmeir wrote:

> hibernate != suspend, the two look the same, but they are really completely
> independent, and hibernate is for my point of view currently, completly
> broken.

In my T60, hibernate, with ReiserFS, no XFS (but I can add if it is
usefull, not for root), wireless, propietary ATI drivers, Wifi, Kernel
2.6.22 working fine with one problem: one each 5 times that I resume
after hibernate, it swaps a lot and the best solutions is to restart.
with 2.6.20 I didn't have this issue.

I repeat: is not always, and the problem is that Kernel starts to swap.
Don't know why.

--
Carles Pina i Estany		GPG id: 0x8CBDAE64
	http://pinux.info	Manresa - Barcelona