[ltp] hibernate scriptlet to know battery drop during s2ram

Frédéric BOITEUX linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 1 Jun 2007 12:41:10 +0200

Le ven 01 jun 2007 12:32:36 CEST, "Igor V. Rafienko"
<igorr+tp@ifi.uio.no> a écrit :

> on Jun 1, 2007, 08:36, JP Renaud wrote:
>
> [ ... ]
>
> >> I've tested s2ram removing these 2 modules, but I don't observe
> >> any change (1200mW/h) :-(
> >
> > Do you have a radeon video card?
> > You might be hitting this problem:
> >
> > <http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problem_with_high_power_drain_in_ACPI_sl=
eep>

Yes, it's a Radeon Mobility M6 LY ; I'll test script indicated in this
page, to check it gives similar results to mine.

I've noted in suggestions that I should have radeonfb module (with
option force_sleep=1) : I don't have it loaded, so I'll try this...

> In addition, try removing *all* the modules and see if it makes a
> difference. If it does, add them one by one until you notice a difference=
.
> Also, let the laptop be suspended for 20'ish minutes or so, to get more o=
> less accurate reading.
I'll do that... Yes, I given credit to measures about sleep > 15
minutes... But this method could take a while...

  Thanks for your suggestions,
	Fred.