[ltp] hibernate scriptlet to know battery drop during s2ram

JP Renaud linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 1 Jun 2007 12:00:44 +0100

> Date: Friday 01 Jun 2007=20
> From: Fr=E9d=E9ric BOITEUX <fboiteux@calistel.com>
> Le ven 01 jun 2007 12:32:36 CEST, "Igor V. Rafienko"
>
> <igorr+tp@ifi.uio.no> a =E9crit :
> > on Jun 1, 2007, 08:36, JP Renaud wrote:
> >
> > [ ... ]

> > > Do you have a radeon video card?
> > > You might be hitting this problem:
> > >
> > > <http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problem_with_high_power_drain_in_ACPI_=
sl
> > >eep>
>
> Yes, it's a Radeon Mobility M6 LY ; I'll test script indicated in this
> page, to check it gives similar results to mine.
>
> I've noted in suggestions that I=A0should have radeonfb module (with
> option force_sleep=3D1) :=A0I=A0don't have it loaded, so I'll try this...

the racdeonfb module contains a whitelist. So in my case (Thinkpad R51,=20
1929-9MG), I don't need the force_sleep argument. I am not sure if your  yo=
ur=20
model is whitelisted (or even affected by this issue actually), you could t=
ry=20
with and without the argument in:=20
<http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problem_with_high_power_drain_in_ACPI_sleep#=
testing_radeonfb_without_changing_initrd>

Good luck,

JP

> > In addition, try removing *all* the modules and see if it makes a
> > difference. If it does, add them one by one until you notice a differen=
ce
> > . Also, let the laptop be suspended for 20'ish minutes or so, to get mo=
re
> > or less accurate reading.
>
> I'll do that... Yes, I given credit to measures about sleep > 15
> minutes... But this method could take a while...
>
>   Thanks for your suggestions,
> 	Fred.

=2D-=20
JP Renaud