[ltp] Wireless hardware radio switch does not work on X60s

Florian Reitmeir linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 2 Jun 2007 17:29:23 +0200

On Thu, 31 May 2007, r8scq7b02@sneakemail.com wrote:

> On Thursday 31 May 2007 08:52, Florian Reitmeir wrote:
> > wlan enable/disable works
> > ah ok .. bluetooth dosen't work anymore (so i missed this)
it was my fault. i "unbinded" the uhci_hcd from the device ..
so bluetooth wasn't found anymore.

> > f1,f2,f3,f4,f5,f6,f7,f8,f9,f11,f12 all execpt f10 produce an acpi event
> > mute,up,low, access work via thinkpad-keys
> > light works, but doesn't generate an event
> > brightness up/down produce an acpi event
> > fn+space, is doing nothing
> > stop,play/pause,forward,backword also work via thinkpad-keys
>
> Are you sure they all produce an acpi event every time. For example, a few
> days ago Fn+F2 worked just fine but now it does not produce an acpi event.
yepp i use them, and they just work.

> Although this may have something to do with using acpi_listen. acpi_listen
> seems to be broken because while it was starting and listening, I pressed
> Fn+F5 and it worked to turn off which it did, but no acpi event was
> registered. Although it is also possible that it bypassed acpi altogether.
> ibm_acpi was loaded of course. Turning on bluetooth does not work.

i have to correct my posting, also bluetooth works for me well.

> The cooling in an X60s is _much_ better. The fan is on a lot of the time but
> at a very low rpm. Much, much lower than the previous X laptops. The wireless
> card making heat is worse, no doubt, but at last it is the right palm rest
> and it is not really that bad. The previous models had worse cooling that
> made the keyboard unbearable sometimes. However, now when the wireless card
> gets too hot, the underneath gets unbearable. No "lap" sessions, but then
> again the same was true for the previous models.
on my X60s the wireless isn't warm or hot, mae sure you use power management
of the wireless card..

on debian a script like:
/etc/network/if-up.d/intel-wlan
#!/bin/sh