[ltp] Burning DVD

SOTL linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 3 Jun 2007 08:33:02 -0500

I am trying to burn a DVD iso on a system that was never fully set up.

The iso is 4.3 GB.

The DVD is 4.7 GB

K3B says that the iso is greater than 4 GB so it will not burn it.
X-CD Roast is saying that there is a missing configuration file.

The system is to be updated with a completely new installation after the DVD
iso is burned so I have no desires to fix system.

I thus am trying to burn the DVD by the following command.

Does anyone see what the error is?

[trunk@localhost ~]$
growisofs -dvd -compat -Z /dev/dvd=/home/trunk/tmp/mandriva-linux-2007-spring-free-dvd-i586.iso

:-[ READ DISC INFORMATION failed with SK=2h/ASC=3Ah/ACQ=01h]: No medium found
[trunk@localhost ~]$

Thanks

SOTL