[ltp] Wireless hardware radio switch does not work on X60s

Florian Reitmeir linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 2 Jun 2007 19:14:43 +0200

On Sat, 02 Jun 2007, r8scq7b02@sneakemail.com wrote:

> On Saturday 02 June 2007 11:29, Florian Reitmeir wrote:
> > it was my fault. i "unbinded" the uhci_hcd from the device ..
> > so bluetooth wasn't found anymore.
>
> Very interesting. I will play with the usb modules some more. Maybe there is a
> bug of somekind in a module that I have. I never thought of looking at the
> USB subsystem.

if you use lsusb it should look like: (i removed the 0000 lines)

-> bluetooth disabled
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 0483:2016 SGS Thomson Microelectronics Fingerprint Reader

--> bluetooth enabled
Bus 004 Device 003: ID 0a5c:2110 Broadcom Corp.
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 0483:2016 SGS Thomson Microelectronics Fingerprint Reader

> > on my X60s the wireless isn't warm or hot, mae sure you use power
> > management of the wireless card..
> I do not have an Intel wireless card. I use the madwifi drivers. No power
> management is included. I may just exchange the card.

look at the iwconfig man page, the "power" option should enable nevertheless
power saving.

--
Florian Reitmeir