[ltp] Kernel only see 3 of 4GB

Aaron Mulder linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 4 Jun 2007 10:27:31 -0400

In the Lenovo footnotes, it depends on the chipset -- the older Core 2
Duo chipset note said it only supported 3GB period, whereas the Santa
Rosa note says it supports 4 GB only with a 64-bit OS.  On my AMD
machine, I had to tweak some BIOS settings to get it to split the 4 GB
into non-contiguous ranges to leave a hole for the PCI addresses or
whatever, but I'm not sure if the ThinkPad would work the same way.

Thanks,
     Aaron