[ltp] libata: gnome doesn't like audio cds

Tue, 05 Jun 2007 17:22:09 +1000

--=-nz4zD1GZiK5JIB62afi8

Hi,

i switched from the classic ide drivers to libata about a month ago on a
T41p (gentoo).

Everything worked well until i recently tried to play an audio cd. Now
all relevant gnome apps complain about the CD not being readable.

The funny thing is that:
- i can mount and fully access data CDs
- i can play DVDs (totem, mplayer, vlc)
- nautilus properly shows up the audio cd icon
- i can play audio cds in vlc, pointing it to /dev/sr0

The gnome apps i tested are soundjuicer, gnome-cd, rhythmbox and
banshee. All negative. I believe they all use gstreamer, but i'm not
sure about gnome-cd. So maybe a gstreamer problem?

I had atapi_enabled=3D1 in my kernel parameters and just changed it to
libata.atapi_enabled=3D1, with no effect.

libata and ata_piix are builtin, sr_mod is built as module and gets
loaded at startup.

The classic drivers are completely disabled in my kernel config.

It is no permissions problem, permissions are setup ok for /dev/sr0 and
as said i can do all other stuff. Although, if i do a cat /dev/sr0 (as
root) i get an io error.

Any ideas what might be wrong here?

Thanks,
Andr=C3=A9.