[ltp] hibernate scriptlet to know battery drop during s2ram

Frédéric BOITEUX linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 5 Jun 2007 14:12:54 +0200

Le ven 01 jun 2007 12:00:44 CEST, JP Renaud <jprenaud@emailplus.org> a
écrit :

> the racdeonfb module contains a whitelist. So in my case (Thinkpad R51,
> 1929-9MG), I don't need the force_sleep argument. I am not sure if your  =
your
> model is whitelisted (or even affected by this issue actually), you could=
 try
> with and without the argument in:
> <http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problem_with_high_power_drain_in_ACPI_slee=
p#testing_radeonfb_without_changing_initrd>

  Following given tips, I was able to reduce power drain during s2ram
of my Thinkpad X31. To do it, I had to :
- load the radeonfb module : it was a bit difficult because standard
Debian kernels I use have VESA framebuffer inside the kernel (not a
module) : I had to put radeonfb module in the initrd (giving its name
in /etc/initramfs/modules and re-building it with update-initramfs -u),
and I had to remove the 'vga=791' boot option in video=radeonfb .

- I had also to disable DRI from my Xorg config file : only using
radeonfb module wasn't sufficient. It helps also with powertop (the tip
was given on its list indeed).

	Thanks for your help,
		Fred.