[ltp] Re: What keyboard layout to use for X60s?

dimitris linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 05 Jun 2007 19:46:54 -0700

r8scq7b02@sneakemail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 June 2007 08:45, Guillermo Juárez wrote:
>> Both are working now.
> How did you get the menu key work work? What keycode does it give you?

I also got it to "work" by setting the keyboard scheme to "Windows
scheme with Windows key" and the layout to "ACPI standard".

I'm not sure whether both steps are necessary.

The menu key still produces the same keycode as Fn (227), but it doesn't
substitute Fn as far as hotkey functionality goes.  It produces a keysym
(XF86Wakeup if I remember correctly - sorry not on laptop right now) and
I've set that to produce the drop-down launcher menu in the KDE keyboard
shortcuts.

None of the above means I don't miss the full(er) size Alt keys from my
old/dead X31 :-(

D.