[ltp] vertical lines error on the lcd screen

Francois Maltey linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
07 Jun 2007 14:28:20 +0200

Hi !

Last month I wrote :

> My T42 makes vertical lines error on the lcd screen one time per hour
> since yesterday....

This breakdown was obvious last week when I pressed the bezel arround
the old and pretty red-green-blue IBM-thinkpad logo.

So I phone to IBM/lenovo warranty and they assume they'll
change the two? cables between the mother board and the screen in less
than 2 weeks.

They do so and also change the mother-board in 8 days ! It's a nice work !

Many thanks. They don't (or can't nor want to) see I had opened my laptop,
and re-mount it with care...
So my next laptop will be a lenovo thinkpad, even if price is 20% or 30%
highter than others laptops.

Do you know if it's possible to buy a 4th year warranty for T42 ?

I can't find any link in www.lenovo.com for the T42,
but it seems possible for others laptop...

A 150 EUR warranty for a 4th year is less expensive than a new laptop
at 1500-2000 EUR each 3 years.

Francois, from France.