[ltp] R40 dies after resume from s2ram

Wolf Wiegand linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 9 Jun 2007 10:55:37 +0200

Hi,

with recent kernels, my R40 just dies after waking up from suspend to
ram. I can trigger this by pressing any key after the machine has
resumed. This only happens with

- X running. Without X, suspend/resume works flawlessly.
- Kernel versions greater then 2.6.17.9. I've suffered from this with
  kernel 2.6.18.2, 2.6.20.1 and 2.6.21.3.

My graphic card is: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility M7 LW [Radeon
Mobility 7500]

Kernel ACPI options (I've left out options not set):

CONFIG_ACPI=y
CONFIG_ACPI_SLEEP=y
CONFIG_ACPI_SLEEP_PROC_FS=y
CONFIG_ACPI_SLEEP_PROC_SLEEP=y
CONFIG_ACPI_PROCFS=y
CONFIG_ACPI_AC=y
CONFIG_ACPI_BATTERY=y
CONFIG_ACPI_BUTTON=y
CONFIG_ACPI_VIDEO=y
CONFIG_ACPI_FAN=y
CONFIG_ACPI_PROCESSOR=y
CONFIG_ACPI_THERMAL=y
CONFIG_ACPI_IBM=m
CONFIG_ACPI_IBM_BAY=y
CONFIG_ACPI_BLACKLIST_YEAR=0
CONFIG_ACPI_EC=y
CONFIG_ACPI_POWER=y
CONFIG_ACPI_SYSTEM=y
CONFIG_X86_PM_TIMER=y

No modules are loaded when the machine crashes. I have Debian unstable
installed, which should not matter, though.

Has anybody encountered a similar problem and found a solution for this?
Alternatively, could somebody with the same hardware and without these
problems send me his xorg- and kernel-configuration files?

Thanks,

Wolf
--
Büroschimpfwort des Tages: Autonom agierende Einheit (AAE) - Kollege, der sich
nicht mit Kollegen abspricht und alleine vor sich hinwurstelt, Sonderform des