[ltp] X60s / Ubuntu Gutsy Tribe 1 / Kernel 2.6.22 / Power Savings?

Stefan Blum linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 13 Jun 2007 17:08:32 +0200

On Wednesday 13 June 2007 16:59, Paul Fox wrote:
> i'm very intereseted in this thread, since i'm learning about a
> lot of new developments in areas i've not been paying attention
> to.  but i have to ask -- why/how would you run ntpdate in
> if-pre.up?  did you mean if-post.up?
yes, just when I hit the send button, it hit me ;-)

> is powertop part of the distro, or did you need to install it
download, untar, make and run (you need ncurses_dev libraries though)

> yourself?  and, where are the power numbers coming from?  (i.e.,
> "7.5W"?) is that reported by powertop, or something else?  i
That is reported by powertop when running on battery

Otherwise, you can check with the acpi-system