[ltp] X60s / Ubuntu Gutsy Tribe 1 / Kernel 2.6.22 / Power Savings?

Stefan Blum linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 14 Jun 2007 10:10:30 +0200

On Thursday 14 June 2007 06:59, Ari El wrote:
> Hi Stefan, did you have a chance to quantify the difference that dynticks
> is making in your case? Before this kernel, in similar conditions, what was
> your machine power consumption?
I cannot remember, but I might be able to test it later today with my old
kernel...

However, I tried the test setup where I reached around 8W a couple of weeks
ago, and suddenly, on an idle console with only 8 wakeups and everything
unloaded, my x60s takes 9.5W, sometimes 10 or more for no reason. HD spun
down, backlight dimmed - I just dont get it...

Regards, Stefan