[ltp] System sometimes doesn't wake up

Florian Reitmeir linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 14 Jun 2007 16:13:14 +0200

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007, Felix E. Klee wrote:

> I've a GlobeTrotter Fusion Quad Lite UMTS card that I use in a IBM
> ThinkPad T41 (32bit, Slackware 10.2, kernel 2.6.14.4).  The problem:
> With the card inserted, my system randomly doesn't wake up from Suspend
> to RAM.  My Suspend to RAM script - roughly:
>
>   sync
>   cardctl eject
>   rmmod uhci_hcd
>   rmmod ehci_hcd
>   # The script always gets to here
>   echo mem >/sys/power/state
>   # The script sometimes doesn't get to here
>   modprobe uhci_hcd
>   modprobe ehci_hcd
>   cardctl insert
>
> What could be the reason? Is my suspend script bad? Or could it be a
> hardware issue? Maybe it's just a coincidence that the system crashes
> when the card is inserted.

Make sure you use the latest bios, the release note mention umts cards as
trouble makers.

And .. i use the "hibernate" script and a newer kernel, i don't believe in "i
try to figure out all broken kernel modules kombinations my self", the
hibernate scripts uses all tweaks needed to get suspend working, stable.

--
Florian Reitmeir