[ltp] Ultrabay battery doesn't charge after main battery is completed

Thu, 14 Jun 2007 14:38:05 -0300

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007, tecala1 wrote:
> I have tried calling IBM on this one.  They sent me a new ultrabay battery
> which didn't make sense.

Hey, now you have two of them.  Rejoice, and use them wisely :-)

> The main battery (9 cell) charges to full but then the utltrabay battery
> doesn't start charging.  I have to plug in the AC, remove the 9 cell main
> battery, close the laptop, and then the ultrabay starts charging.

tp_smapi can control this, probably.

You are using only IBM batteries (no 3rd-party crap), correct?  Make sure
you have the latest EC firmware for your thinkpad (usually this means the
latest BIOS, too).

> Any clue on this?

Check charge start/stop thresholds for BAT1 using tp_smapi.

  Henrique Holschuh