[ltp] Re: R52 cheap from Lenovo

Stefan Monnier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 14 Jun 2007 15:34:33 -0400

> I have now bought 2 of them at that price, though I did notice that when
> I bought the second for my boss the price did show as $1499 when I
> looked from work, but when I checked again from home it was $499 and
> that was the price that went through the checkout.

There's no cache involved, but maybe the price sent is not always the same
depending on some funny thing somewhere (IP address, age of the captain,
you name it).
It's been $1499 all the time for.  Not that I care: I find 1024x768 too low
a resolution even for 12" screens.

        Stefan "waiting for an X62 with 1280x800: this screen size is
                the only where widescreen makes sense for a laptop"