[ltp] X60s / Ubuntu Gutsy Tribe 1 / Kernel 2.6.22 / Power Savings?

Martin Lorenz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 17 Jun 2007 10:17:38 +0200

On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 10:10:30AM +0200, Stefan Blum wrote:
> On Thursday 14 June 2007 06:59, Ari El wrote:
> > Hi Stefan, did you have a chance to quantify the difference that dynticks
> > is making in your case? Before this kernel, in similar conditions, what was
> > your machine power consumption?
> I cannot remember, but I might be able to test it later today with my old
> kernel...
>
> However, I tried the test setup where I reached around 8W a couple of weeks
> ago, and suddenly, on an idle console with only 8 wakeups and everything
> unloaded, my x60s takes 9.5W, sometimes 10 or more for no reason. HD spun
> down, backlight dimmed - I just dont get it...

concerning the backlight: which X driver do you use?
since I upgraded a few weeks ago I can no longer dim the backlight after the
first suspend/resume...
the upgrade brought a new intel Xorg driver (xserver-xorg-video-intel
instead of the old xserver-xorg-video-i810)

the new driver is xrandr enabled but lacks some features the old one had.

greets
  mlo
--
Dipl.-Ing. Martin Lorenz