[ltp] can someone share his kernel for aps?

come se fosse antani linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 17 Jun 2007 20:11:25 +0200

On 6/17/07, Jan Kundr=E1t <jkt@gentoo.org> wrote:
> come se fosse antani wrote:
> > I attempted many tries to get aps (and the head parking thing) working
> > but with no success; it seems that I've not follow every step
> > (patching and configuring modules) that I had to.
>
> Don't use the driver from kernel, use tp_smapi [1] instead.
>
> [1] http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Tp_smapi

thank you for the answer.
with 'aps' I meant the hardware feature for the hd protection.
I've read in the wiki about tp_smapi and the needed protecting patch
for head parking. then i've read also about the libata/libsata patched
modules but I didnt get to have a working system with that features.
if someone can share his .deb kernel, it would be really useful.
or even better (so i can learn from it) a recap of what i've to do
(patching, modules, config) in order to protect the drive.

thanks