[ltp] UltraBase with X60s

Sebastian Schmidt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 17 Jun 2007 21:18:44 +0200

Moin,

I wonder if anyone got the UltraBase (with a DVD drive in it)
working on an X60s.

Booting with the UltraBase already attached works fine - I can use the
DVD drive and even unregister (via echo 1>delete) and reattach (with
echo 0 0 0 > scan) it.

However, when booting without the UltraBase, the DVD drive doesn't get
detected automatically (altought a few USB connects show up in dmesg),
and issuing a scan command results in:
| ata5: soft resetting port
| ATA: abnormal status 0x7F on port 0x000101f7
| ata5: EH complete
(this abnormal status 0x7F also occurs when booting, directly after
"scsi4 : ata_piix".)

I also wonder what this means:
| $ cat /proc/acpi/ibm/bay
| status:     not supported
Echoing "eject" to it results in a "no such device" error.

Anyone and idea to get my DVD drive working without reboot?

Sebastian