[ltp] X31 not waking from sleep/suspend on Ubuntu Feisty

Charles E "Rick" Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 18 Jun 2007 10:20:44 -0400

On Mon, 2007-06-18 at 00:39 -0400, John Mahoney wrote:

> I just upgraded my X31 to Feisty, and was very disappointed to find
> that the machine no longer wakes from sleep. I get a blinking moon
> indicating wakeup, which then disappears, but the screen backlight
> does not come on and the machine is unresponsive to keys (ctrl-alt-del
> reset doesn't do anything).

Have you also noticed performance problems with the hard drive / any
optical drives you might have?  I rolled my X31 back to Dapper after
attempting a Feisty install a while ago on my X31 and noticing that
there was no good way to turn on DMA for the hard drive and the CDRW
drive (in the X3 base)

I didn't get to really test suspend, though.

*  Charles E. "Rick" Taylor, IV <rick@rickandpatty.com>
*  Web: http://www.rickandpatty.com
* Blog: http://shrimpandgrits.rickandpatty.com