[ltp] UltraBase with X60s

Sebastian Schmidt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 18 Jun 2007 21:03:39 +0200

On Sun, Jun 17, 2007 at 06:28:00PM -0400, Manuel Bessler wrote:
> as someone else said, your harddisk has to be set to AHCI mode (in BIOS)

Yep, it is. Otherwise my hard disk would be handled by ata_piix and I'd
have no chance to reload ata_piix (IIRC).

> Here's my kernel config if that helps:
> http://projects.varxec.net/_media/config-2.6.19.1-madwifi.txt

Yes, thank you. Unfortunately, even with your config and 2.6.19.1 I get
the same "abnormal status 0x7F" errors. :-( And again, nothing detected.

Are you using an initrd? My guess is that some modules are loaded in a
different order on your system. If so, would you mind posting an
ls -lR lib/modules/ here?

By the way, do you have blacklisted some modules in udev?

Sebastian