[ltp] System sometimes doesn't wake up

Felix E. Klee linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 18 Jun 2007 23:37:31 +0200

At Thu, 14 Jun 2007 16:13:14 +0200,
Florian Reitmeir wrote:
> Make sure you use the latest bios, the release note mention umts cards
> as trouble makers.

Latest BIOS is installed.

> And .. i use the "hibernate" script

IIRC I had issues when trying to use the hybernate script for suspend to
RAM some months ago.  Also, back then, I think they used a somewhat
unsafe method for locking the screen with "vlock".  In my script I use a
modified "vlock" that locks the screen *prior* to the system going into
suspend to RAM.

> and a newer kernel

That would require updating dependencies here an there - I'm not too
keen on updating the kernel.  However, I may update my entire system
some time.  But, in the meantime, I'd like to know what's causing the
problem.  If it's a hardware issue, then I'd like to know that soon: My
machine is running out of warranty in something like two weeks.

--
Felix E. Klee
Jabber/Google Talk: feklee@jabber.org, SIP: 9779619@sipgate.de