[ltp] fan, old, Always-on problem. thinkwiki need some corrections.

Jörn Rink linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 19 Jun 2007 09:53:04 +0200

Am Sun, 27 May 2007 11:40:07 +0200
hat Alexey Fisher <bug-track@fisher-privat.net> (Alexey Fisher)
folgendes geschrieben:

Hi,
> If somebody steal care about this problem.
> 1.
> this post
> http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Talk:Problem_with_fan_noise#Correct_BIOS_settings.3F
>
> make the trick. Disabling speedstep in BIOS and using kernel
> speedstep_module make a workaround for my thinkpad t43.
>
> 2.
> On more issue may help to fix thinkpad_acpi for always_on ( I hope ):
> switching AC to BAT and back to AC will reset fan ( or EC ) and
> disable it if sensors are cold. IMHO some watchdog-reseting of EC can
> be good.

i have tp-control from thinkwiki active here and also patched the
latest fedora core 6 kernel with linux-phc. with linux-phc i was able
to lower the voltage about 30% with an always stable T43.

with 800 Mhz and ati powerstate =1 the laptop runs nearly 3 hours and
the fan is most the time off. At this moment, cpu is 40 degrees and gfx
is 43 degrees.

cu