[ltp] System sometimes doesn't wake up

Felix E. Klee linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 19 Jun 2007 16:51:12 +0200

At Tue, 19 Jun 2007 10:02:55 +0200,
Tino Keitel wrote:
> I would think that when you do "cardctl eject" and leave the card
> inserted, the card is re-detected during resume.

What I could try:

* Remove the card, send the system to suspend to RAM, insert the card,
  try to resume.  If the problems reoccur, then it's likely that the
  card is somehow detected during the resume process.

* Unload the PCMCIA modules in my sleep script.

BTW, there's something very weird:

1. The system is suspended, and doesn't wake up when I raise the lid.

2. I press the power button for a couple of seconds.  The system turns
  off.

3. I press the power button, the system boots, but it doesn't even get
  to the boot manager.

4. I press the power button again to turn the system off.

5. I press the power button to turn the system on, and now it works.

Hopefully, this is no hardware error.  I don't know how the system
behaves under Windows with PCMCIA cards inserted - I usually only run
Windows using VMware Player under LINUX.

> Maybe a second "cardctl eject" before you reload the usb modules at
> resume helps here.

Well, it doesn't get that far.  The system doesn't resume, or at least
doesn't finish the resume process.

--
Felix E. Klee
Jabber/Google Talk: feklee@jabber.org, SIP: 9779619@sipgate.de