[ltp] hotkey module does not load

Khosrow Hassani linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 19 Jun 2007 14:06:20 -0700 (PDT)

I am using Debian Etch on an X60 IBM Thinkpad. I
installed acpi-tools package from Debian which
provides the ibm-acpi functionality. However, only
Fn-F4 creates an event. apparently this means that
ibm-acpi is not in effect. to enable hotkeys, I did:
  echo enable,0xffff >/proc/acpi/ibm/hotkey
but, I realized that hotkey.ko module is not loaded
(processor, lid, dock, etc. all are loaded).
I have the hotkey.ko module in my acpi modules
directory, but when I tried to load it with modprobe,
I got error message complaining that the device
doesn't exist!!
I have no idea what this device is! any hint?

thanks Khosrow

growing OLD is mandatory, growing UP is optional !

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.