[ltp] Ultrabase X6: No SATA support, just PATA-SATA bridge?

Tue, 19 Jun 2007 18:33:14 -0300

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007, Andreas Gredler wrote:
> I bought an Ultrabase X6 for my X60s and the ultrabay S-ATA adapter with
> a S-ATA harddisk. I can't get it right to see the harddisk as S-ATA
> device. OOTB it's detected as /dev/hda and if I set hda=noprobe it
> completely disappears. Does someone know if the ultrabay is only connected
> over the IDE bridge instead of the S-ATA bridge? Or did I forget something?

Please send in the dmesg output with the boot log from the kernel (boot with
the laptop docked and the HD in the bay), as well as the lspci output.

But if it is anything configurable, it is in the BIOS.

  Henrique Holschuh