[ltp] can someone share his kernel for aps?

Adam Sloboda linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 23 Jun 2007 00:15:23 +0200

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 18:09:01 -0300
Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@hmh.eng.br> wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Jun 2007, Adam Sloboda wrote:
> > some impact on power consumption.  Has anyone successfully lowered
> > it?
>
> AFAIK, no.
>
> > Or is there any solution?
>
> Decreasing HDAPS poll frequency decreases its hability to detect
> shocks in time to unload heads before a major crash.

I know but I get two wakeups for every update -- one from hdaps and one
from hdapsd.  It's not very effective to wake up twice every time.  Do
you know why it is not possible (or is it?) to read the sensors only
when accessed by hdapsd (or other software)? (I haven't tried Matthew
Garret's patch at http://www.linuxpowertop.org/known.php#hdaps but that
should stop interrupts only when nobody cares)

Adam